Are you passionate to see communities of disciples multiplying throughout Cambodia and beyond? Are you passionate to see God use your teaching work for the growth of His Kingdom? If so, there may be an opportunity for you to join the OMF Cambodia team!
The OMF team in Cambodia includes approximately 60 children, many of whom are studying at Hope International school in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Hope School is an Association of Christian Schools International school that serves the missionary community in Cambodia, with over 420 students representing 32 nationalities, from Preschool to Year 12. Hope School provides an international core curriculum compatible with the Australian, New Zealand, North American and United Kingdom education systems, with all disciplines taught from a biblical worldview. It offers IGCSE (Year 9-10, University of Cambridge) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (Year 11-12).
Hope School is continually seeking applications from people interested in serving God by teaching there. OMF is keen to place teachers in this school. See the school website for up to date information about current opportunities:
Your focus will be on providing teaching, care and contributing to Christian development of students in Hope International School. Most of these students are the children of missionaries or other Christian expat workers. All subjects are taught in English, except for foreign languages. Your work will help support OMF's vision by providing quality, Christ-centered educational services for families of international Christian workers in Cambodia and surrounding countries.
- An initial period of Khmer language study and cultural adaptation.
- General teaching and/or specialist teaching, which includes curriculum development, lesson preparation, assessment and reporting.
- Provide pastoral support and a clear Christian witness to students.
- Provide extra-curricular opportunities to enrich students' experience.
- Be actively involved in a local or international church.
- A deep and growing love for God.
- A desire to serve young people and their families.
- A recognized teaching qualification, and at least 1 year's teaching experience.
- Ability to share your faith and disciple others in your daily life.
- Experience working with Third Culture Kids (TCKs), or cross-cultural teaching experience would be an advantage.
- Current subject needs are posted on the school website: www.hope.edu.kh
- Young teachers, those looking for a career break, and early retirees are all welcome.
- Willingness to understand and appreciate the Khmer culture.
- A period of full time cultural orientation and language-learning prior to starting work, then continued language study part time.
- Must adopt a simple lifestyle in keeping with a Cambodian person of teacher status.
- Ability to be adaptable in a ministry context which may lack resources and present significant spiritual, emotional and cultural challenges.
- Willing to work in a less structured work environment.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only