Teach on the Silk Road
China's Silk Road is home to many different people groups, including Han, Hui, Uyghur (Uighur), Kazakh (Kazak), Dongxiang, Kyrgyz (Kirgiz), Salar, Tajik, Bonan (Bao’an), Uzbek and Tatar (Tatars).
You’ll be teaching in your professional subject in a Silk Road area of China. While this is a difficult place to live and work, it offers the amazing opportunity of serving a precious people and making a real difference in their community.
- Negotiate a contract with a school or university with the help of others
- Prepare lesson plans in a timely manner
- Mark student work in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain healthy relationship with school officials
- Develop strong relationships with other teachers at the school
- Bachelors Degree or higher (Masters preferred)
- Advanced level of Mandarin Chinese (or a willingness to devote the first few years to language study)
- Professional qualifications preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Men, women, singles, and families are all welcome to apply.
- You should be prepared to commit to at least one year.
- You can expect to complete application forms, be interviewed, and have a thorough medical and psychological review.
- This is a partially salaried position, so you should be prepared to raise additional financial support.
- You should be willing to live a culturally appropriate lifestyle whilst in China.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only