Come and study among a people who may not meet a believer unless you come. Use your studies to make an impact for the kingdom in South East Asia.
You will be attached to a hospital and will have the opportunity to build relationships and share your life with fellow students and staff.
The weather is tropical and the people are very hospitable. The region is developing fast and becoming more urbanised. However, much of the traditional culture still remains. Many young people go to the cities to study and stay there after they have graduated.
Observe the management of patients and attend teaching sessions.
Depending on the length of your placement you will have opportunity to:
- Study the local language and culture.
- Prayer walk.
- Do a home stay.
- You should be a current registered medical student in your clinical years (Year 3 and above).
- Applications must be submitted at least 8 months prior to the date of the elective posting.
- Fees of around USD 400-500 may be charged by the hosting institution.
- Able to maintain good spiritual health in the face of both practical and spiritual challenges
- Having a learning and flexible attitude and willing to respect local expectations, such as interactions with people of the opposite sex
- Willing to work together with people of different nationalities with mutual accountability
*Australian citizens and/or residents only