Study on the Silk Road
China's Silk Road is home to many different people groups, including Han, Hui, Uyghur (Uighur), Kazakh (Kazak), Dongxiang, Kyrgyz (Kirgiz), Salar, Tajik, Bonan (Bao’an), Uzbek and Tatar (Tatars).
You’ll be a student in a Silk Road area of China. While this is a difficult place to live and study, it offers the amazing opportunity of getting to know a precious people and making a real difference in their community.
- Attend classes at a local school
- Study diligently and do assigned homework
- Practice using what you learn in the local community
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with teachers and other students
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Men, women, singles, and families are all welcome to apply.
- You should be prepared to commit to at least one year.
- You can expect to complete application forms, be interviewed, and have a thorough medical and psychological review.
- You should be prepared to raise financial support.
- You should be willing to live a culturally appropriate lifestyle whilst in China.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only