China's Silk Road is home to many different people groups, including Han, Hui, Uyghur (Uighur), Kazakh (Kazak), Dongxiang, Kyrgyz (Kirgiz), Salar, Tajik, Bonan (Bao’an), Uzbek and Tatar (Tatars).
You’ll be a student in a Silk Road area of China. While this is a difficult place to live and study, it offers the amazing opportunity of getting to know a precious people and making a real difference in their community.
- Attend classes at a local school
- Study diligently and do assigned homework
- Practice using what you learn in the local community
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with teachers and other students
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Men, women, singles, and families are all welcome to apply.
- You should be prepared to commit to at least one year.
- You can expect to complete application forms, be interviewed, and have a thorough medical and psychological review.
- You should be prepared to raise financial support.
- You should be willing to live a culturally appropriate lifestyle whilst in China.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only