Are you passionate to see communities of disciples multiplying throughout Cambodia and beyond among and through university students? Do you have a heart to encourage students forward - to grow in their faith and develop their gifts and abilities for God’s kingdom? If so, there may be an opportunity for you to join the OMF Cambodia team working among the university students in Siem Reap!
Our vision is to see an indigenous, interdenominational, student-led movement of Christian students in Cambodia, teaching and encouraging each other to grow in faith, strengthening the local church, reaching out to non-Christians, and modeling Christian life in Cambodia’s society and beyond.
We are part of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) – an international student movement which spans over 150 nations, engaging university campuses with the Gospel of Christ and training a new generation of leaders for the church and society. Our local movement, Sonoko, includes missionary support from several different organizations plus local Khmer staff workers ministering on multiple campuses in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
- Pray for God to move in the hearts of the university and senior high school students in your area.
- Meet students on their campuses, homes, places of work and at the Sonoko centers to pray together, disciple, and encourage them in their faith.
- Support the local student committee as they plan Bible studies, outreach events and other trainings.
- Visit local churches to encourage students and learn from their pastors/leadership in what areas the student can grow/exercise their gifts.
- Meet with student’s families as the Lord permits.
- A good knowledge of the Bible
- Previous student ministry and cross-cultural experience would be an advantage
- A deep and growing love for God
- A desire to reach the Cambodian people with the Gospel, especially students
- Ability to share your faith and disciple others
- Willingness to learn and speak the Khmer language
- Willingness to understand and appreciate the Khmer culture
- Adoption of a simple lifestyle
- A willingness to work in a team of Khmer and expats of different nationalities
- Willingness to share skills such as sport, music, english conversation with students.
- This is not a salaried position. You will have to raise your own support.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only