OMF works in schools and colleges alongside Campus Evangelical Fellowship (CEF) to establish Christian fellowships. This involves evangelism, discipleship and training student leaders. CEF is affiliated with IFES/Intervarsity.
About 40% of Junior high students will enter technical schoolsrather than academic high schools. These students frequently have a sense of failure, low self-esteem and not much interest in study. We focus on placing workers in these technical schools and lower level colleges as the students at these schools tend to come from more working class backgrounds.
There is usually little Christian witness in these schools and where Christian groups exist they are usually very small and need a lot of assistance.
* Advising the student leaders.
* Leading, training and encouraging students in evangelism.
* Leading Bible studies to disciple and train students.
* Preaching at student fellowships.
* Organizing and leading evangelistic and discipleship camps during vacation time.
* Some experience with student ministry would be beneficial.
* An ability to do personal evangelism, one to one discipleship and to lead Bible studies and discussion groups.
* Must be humble, teachable and able to work as part of a team under Taiwanese leadership.
* Must have a lot of stamina, which is essential in mixing with young people
* Some formal Bible training is necessary. The government also requires incoming missionaries to have recently spent one to two years in Christian ministry.
* Must be flexible - we are looking for people who are open to new ideas and able to function well in an unstructured situation with a lot of freedom.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only