Help facilitate sharing the Gospel through sports ministry among Southern Thai Buddhists, especially through football (soccer) in Nakhon Si Thammarat.
Do you enjoy sports, especially football? Do you like working with youth and older children? We can use your help! Football is a great way to connect with older children and youth, especially boys. We do football camps, football in schools and on community fields. We are also interested in getting fitness ministry going. We are looking for both long term workers to spear head this program can serve for a number of years and we are also for short termers who can come for a few months. For short-termers, we are looking for people who can come between January and July.
- Organizing and running weekly football (soccer) activities in schools and after school
- Organizing football camps
- Liaising with local Church Planters and Thai Churches in ministry
- Learn Thai language
- Assist others on the team to use football as an outreach activity
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Experience with sport, especially football (soccer)
- Able to communicate in English but fluency in other languages is an asset.
- A genuine love for youth and children and a desire to disciple them and their parents.
- Previous experience working with youth/children is desirable.
- Previous cross-cultural experience would be beneficial but is not necessary.
- Organized but flexible, patient and approachable with a good sense of humour.
- Must be in good health and physically active.
- Cost for short termers would be approximately 400-500 Thai Baht per day (this includes food and accommodation).
- Workers must provide for their own airfare, and also cover their own transportation costs and personal spending money.
- Health and accident insurance are the responsibility of the worker.
- Length can be extended with other Serve Asia Thailand opportunities.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only