Futsal is a modified form of soccer (football) played with five players per side on a smaller, cement field.
Sports can have a positive impact on youth at risk for substance abuse. Many in our area also come from dysfunctional family situations.
We are looking for two young people who love to play soccer. Join a group of young local men to play futsal several times each week.
- Join a group of young local men to play futsal several times each week.
- Hang out late to watch European games on TV.
- Learn their language in-depth.
- Those with coaching skills may be able to train a local coach in how to lead soccer training/practices for a low-income neighbourhood.
- In addition, you would meet local people and build relationships, continue with language and in-depth culture learning (depending on length of trip), and come alongside a group of local coaches to plan and run a small Futsal tournament or league.
- Ability to play soccer. You can play at various skill levels.
- Having soccer coaching/training skills will be an advantage.
A willingness to wear appropriate clothing, alter diet to meet local preferences, and be flexible to the local situation are needed.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only