Bless families serving in Urban China while you intern as a language learner, interacting with local friends and studying Mandarin for one or two semesters (6-11 months)
Urban China is full of young people eager to make friends with foreigners. As you learn language and live among them, learning the language and culture, the gospel lived out in your life will be a big blessing to them. At the same time, for families that serve in Urban China that need assistance with their children while they homeschool, your presence can be be a huge blessing and joy to children and parents alike!
We are looking for people who are willing to learn - learn not only a language, but about the needs in Urban China, and learn how they can help and bless such families, supporting them by helping to provide extra help, assisting in teaching or accompanying the homeschooling parent, blessing the families with the richness that additional members of the community can bring when raising children.
Urban centers in China are home to people from all over the country. With modern conveniences, efficient public transportation, access to Western groceries, traffic congestion, high-rises, and a massive population, living here is much like it would be in any global city... only, completely different! Be prepared for chaos, friendly people, delicious street food, and the hustle and bustle as you brush shoulders with China's urban billion in one of the world's largest cities.
- As a full-time language student, you will have the opportunity to learn Mandarin 10 hours (private classes) or 20 hours (at university) a week
- Assist third culture kids and their families through teaching, playing, supervising and other activities
- Make local friends and be involved in other ministries, such as English corners, discipleship, as opportunities arise
- Suitability to work with children
- Willingness to learn
- A servant heart
Some qualities that will be useful:
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with others
- Willingness to take initiative in making new friends
*Australian citizens and/or residents only