Start Date: November 01, 2019
End Date: December 31, 2022
Serve Japan is OMF's short-term mission discipleship program which seeks to mobilize, disciple and equip short term workers to share the Good News with the people in Japan.
Every year more than 100 short-term workers come to serve alongside long-term workers and ministries in Japan. By doing this role you would help bring many short term individuals and teams to serve the Lord in Japan, ranging in length from 2 weeks to 12 months.
Serve Japan plays an important role in mobilizing both individuals and communities to be part of what God is doing amongst the people in Japan. As the Serve Japan Facilitator, you will be supporting and assisting the three regional Coordinators here in Japan in developing and implementing Serve Asia initiatives and policies. You will also be working with a global community of Serve Asia Coordinators as they mobilize and disciple participants in their countries to serve in Japan.
As the Serve Japan Facilitator, you will:
- Oversee all visa applications, 6-12 month worker applications, vision trips, and selected short term mission placements.
- Carry out various administrative tasks for the Serve Japan program.
- Support and assist the three regional Serve Japan Coordinators within Japan.
- Provide advice to Serve Asia Coordinators from around the world on policies relating to Serve Japan.
- Liaise with the International Facilitator for Serve Asia in applying OMF International policies in Japan.
- Assist in the development and strategy for the short term program in Japan under the direction of the OMF Japan Field Leadership Team.
- Other duties as requested by the OMF Japan Field Leadership Team.
You will also be a member of OMF Japan’s mobilization group. This group is strategic in considering how to mobilize prayer and more workers for Japan.
This ministry can be complemented with another ministry or with part-time language learning. You will, however, need to be able to allocate at least 3 days a week to the Serve Asia ministry, and sometimes more during peak periods. Depending on availability and timing, you may also be able to have an intensive period of language study at our school in Sapporo at the beginning of your period of service.
- Concern for mission discipleship and mobilization, particularly among young adults.
- A love for meeting and welcoming many new people.
- Organization and administrative skills.
- Native or near-native English.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- At least 2 years’ tertiary level qualification to obtain a visa.
- Typing, Microsoft Word and Excel, Skype, PowerPoint skills.
- Policy revision and writing skills.
You will probably live in your own rented apartment or share house near the office in Ichikawa, a suburb on the edge Tokyo. You will easily be able to catch trains to take you all over Tokyo whether for ministry, sight-seeing or shopping. You will also attend a local Japanese/bilingual church.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only