Do you have a heart for the disabled? The availability of good services and training for the the handicapped is limited in many places.
Our teams need rehabilitation specialists to work with those with physical and intellectual disabilities and their families. You would be able to demonstrate a holistic approach to care.
As you interact with your local counterparts, there will be opportunities to model professional integrity and holistic care and share Christ's love through the witness of your life. You will also provide those challenged with these disabilities and their families the hope and encouragement needed to persevere with joy.
Work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic rehab in the community as well as hospital setting. Also, provide training for carers and hospital staff as needed.
- Certified rehabilitation therapist (PT, OT, Speech, Art, Music, etc.)
- Three years of experience
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in spoken Chinese preferred (training in language and culture provided for longer term commitment).
- Desire to see lives transformed and communities improved
- Committed to work with other team members
- Ability to relate cross-culturally
- Good health and can adapt to a simple, life-style
*Australian citizens and/or residents only