The city is crawling with cars, motorbikes, street vendors, and most modern conveniences.
The existence of the spirit world is assumed.
According to Encyclopaedia Britannica the population of Indonesia is 87% Muslim. There is also a significant population of Buddhists, Hindus and Christians.
To work in a professional work placement in Indonesia, developing your own professional skills and supporting specific projects linked to your work.
Specific professional qualifications for specific job opportunities eg lecturers, project development, teachers, social workers, engineers, language teachers, medical staff
- Burdened to see outreach happen and our neighbors appreciate the Good News.
- Able to adapt culturally, and learn from others.
The applicant should be prepared to live an appropriate lifestyle within the community in which they will live. Among other things, this relates to dressing modestly, and being sensitive to the dietary restrictions of our neighbors. This is very helpful as it would build bridges with neighbours and friends. It also means contextualizing the language we use to share about Jesus. In the local culture it is important that the men relate to the men and the women relate to the women.
- Committed to direct ministry among our focus people.
- Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
- Willing to work together on a diverse team of people from different cultures with mutual accountability, but also self-reliance.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only