Many villages have set up preschools and kindergartens for their children. However, they lack the teachers with the understanding and curriculum resources to run these programs.
As an early childhood educator, you can provide needed resources and training to help the local kindergarten teachers provide quality education to village kids. Our contribution to the welfare of the children and schools also opens the doors to the children's families in different communities. It can prepare the ground for the gospel message..
Located high in the mountains, this is home to a minority people. Winters can be bitterly cold and summers wet. Mandarin is a second language for many of the local residents. Life is simple, but culturally diverse.
- Develop kindergarten health education and character development curriculum
- Provide training to village kindergarten teachers
- Run kids' summer camp
- Organize activies for preschoolers
- Experience in teaching kindergarten
- Has a heart for children and can lead children activities
- University degree (if Chinese visa is needed)
- Ability to read some English helpful
- Fluency in Chinese (language and cultural learning provided for those committing to a longer period of service).
- A heart for the poor
- Willing to learn minority language and culture, and work through translators if necessary
- Willingness to adapt to a simple life style
- Enjoy living and working in rural areas
- Has a sense of humor, a self-initiator and is flexible
*Australian citizens and/or residents only