MAF has been serving in Chad for over 50 years through times of famine, drought and civil unrest. Working with many partner organisations, MAF provides an effective air transport service for missionaries, relief organisations and the local Church. The humanitarian and spiritual needs of this country are huge, and MAF seeks to meet these needs by operating two aircraft, a Cessna Grand Caravan and a Cessna 182.
The MAF Chad programme provides ‘high-impact’ flying services to missionaries and organisations over the vast distances of the sahara and sahel, and among some of the most isolated and underdeveloped areas in Africa. This is an ideal opportunity for a flexible individual to join small, vibrant programme, where there is plenty of scope for involvement in a number of areas besides flying. Applications are particularly sought from pilots with previous experience in IT, HR or Quality/Safety, or with some aircraft maintenance training.
You will be a flexible and adaptable individual who likes variety, and has industry experience. This will enable you assist in the operations of the programme in various support functions. Your ability to turn your hand to different tasks will see you undertake a variety of functions including safety and quality, and depending on experience, IT and general programme administration. This is in addition to working as part of the operations team and flying the Cessna 182.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- ICAO commercial pilot's license with instrument rating
- Aptitude with quality and safety systems
- A working knowledge of French
- Knowledge of aircraft peformance and loading, aerodynamics, aircraft systems, crew/cockpit resource management
- Minimum of 250 flight hours or 200 flight hours from an approved MAF flight training provider
- Aptitude in verbal and numerical reasoning
- Experience in partnership development and IT
- IFR operations
- Resource management