Looking for a way to really stretch yourself? SIL in Papua New Guinea operates a small medical clinic to provide for the basic health care needs of our members and PNG employees. As a physiotherapist, you will need to be a self starter and able to work independently. Consider joining our Clinic staff in support of the wider work of Bible translation in PNG and watch how God stretches you. For more information on the Ukarumpa clinic, go to: https://pacificbible.blogspot.com/2012/10/sil-png-clinic.html
- Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties, amongst others:
- Reviews Physician’s referral (prescription) and patient’s condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required.
- Tests and measures patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data. Administers manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Administers treatments involving application of physical agents.
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Administers massage, traction to relieve pain.