• Replies to requests for information, developing and maintaining organized, accurate records of communications which are available to the administrator.
• Maintains an adequate and concise flow of information with related departments.
• Gathers information necessary to prepare special or periodic reports such as progress reports or personnel activities.
• Assists in planning and logistical arrangements for workshops, training courses and conferences.
• Maintains relationships with field workers and office staff, coordinating activities for efficient and smooth operation.
• Finds creative solutions to administrative problems.
• Makes decisions in accordance with delegated authority, yet remains open to input and suggestions from team members.
• Understands and applies the principles of Christian leadership which operate in SIL and WBT
• Experience in basic secretarial and office skills
• Some experience relevant to the anticipated specific Job Description. Additional education or experience may be specified according to project or department designation
• Wycliffe membership is required
Additional Requirements: A minimum of one year (or equivalent) at Bible college. Six weeks’ language and culture training (called Launch). Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria
*Australian citizens and/or residents only