Medical services in rural county hospitals are very basic. We would like to use our professional skills to meet patients' needs and help local medical personnel improve their skills.
There's a great need for upgrading foundational skills at the county level. Improving pediatric care would benefit entire counties, and reduce the need for pediatric patients to go to larger, more expensive hospitals far away. In contributing to the holistic health of families, we hope to touch the people's hearts with God's love.
Our teams live in a mountainous area with mid-size towns with about 30,000-50,000 people. Serving the rural communities around the town. Life is simple, but have all the basic necessities including cell phone and internet access.
- On-the-job teaching in the pediatric ward
- Caring for pediatric patients
- Leading short-term training on-site
- Hosting short-term teams
- Community pediatrics training
- Hospital pediatrics training
- 5 years experience in pediatrics
- Good oral Chinese and the ability to read Chinese preferred. (Language training provided for long-term workers.)
- Enjoy living in a rural, remote areas
- Need to adjust to living and working in a place with limited resources
- Housing will be a rented apartment or for a single person, a hospital VIP room
*Australian citizens and/or residents only