Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is an organisation using light aircraft to deliver help, hope and healing through aviation in over 30 developing countries. For more than 75 years, MAF has been transporting patients, relief workers, produce and medical supplies to the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline.
Liberia is one of the oldest republics in Africa, but also one of its poorest. As a country, it has suffered more than a decade of civil war which saw hundreds of thousands die in conflict. The nation was also devastated by the Ebola crisis of 2014.
Today, many people live below the poverty line and have little access to electricity and running water. In Liberia the rainy season can last for more than 6 months which means roads can become virtually impassable. A typical journey could take 20 hours by car can take a MAF plane 1 hour. Therefore our presence in this country is vital for transporting medical equipment, health workers and other essential supplies.
Liberia is one of our newest programs and rapidly growing. We have just completed construction of our new hangar in Monrovia and a second aircraft arrived earlier this year. The new hangar will also be the host of the regional maintenance base for MAF as it expands into West Africa.
We are now looking for an Operations Manager / Pilot to support our current flying operations, but also implementing expansion plans and be involved in strategic and management planning for the program.
- Your role will include ensuring the safe and efficient use of MAF aircraft. This will be done through monitoring and assisting in the administration of pilot documentation, ensuring pilots are adequately equipped and resourced with the necessary equipment and information, and effectively utilised in the flight operations.
- MAF aircraft must be operated in accordance with applicable standards, legislation, and safety policies this includes flight bookings and other services providers being processed to the correct procedure and being involved in the management of the program especially with regard to operational planning.
- You will need to establish and run an effective flight operations team ensuring compliance with priorities, policies and standards. You will provide the team with clear feedback, coaching, mentoring, or training as appropriate in co-operation with the Country Director and relevant training advisor.
- You will be proactive in seeking out and developing partnerships with current and potential service users and evaluating the extent to which MAF’s activities can and do meet service users needs. You will promote the formation of good relationships with officials, local leaders and appropriate government departments.
- As a MAF Pilot you will always provide a professional aviation service to our customers
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Secondary school educated as a minimum
- Commercial Pilot Licence
- ICAO Commercial Pilots Licence, National Pilot Licence as required
- Previous experience in an aviation related role
- Full instrument rating
- Aviation Medical – Class 1 on entry
- Minimum 500 flight hours including PIC
- Experience and recent proficiency in the operation of small aircraft to CPL standard
- Single Engine Turbine experience and ideally a C208 rating
- IFR Operations
Some experience of working in commercial or corporate aviation highly recommended