Do you have a heart to impact young people's lives?
As you help educate TCKs, you ensure their parents can continue in ministry, you can disciple the next generation of missionaries, and you can be an influence in the non-Christian world around you.
Faith Academy is an established, large international Christian school primarily serving missionary children. Kindergarten through Grade 12 High School is offered.
You have an opportunity to make a difference as a classroom teacher in the elementary school. Each teacher from Kindergarten (age 5) through Grade 5 has a self-contained classroom with class size usually around 15 to 20 students from around the world.
Middle School and High School Divisions Needs:
- ELL (English Language Learners) Teachers and Testing Coordinator (MS & HS) *
- Special Education Teacher (MS)
- Band Teacher (Upper Elementary Part time, MS/HS Part time)
- Secondary Library Director
The roles below are part time and may be combined with other positions
- Drama/Speech Teacher (HS) *
- Photo Teacher (HS)
- Korean Guidance Counselor (HS)
- Spanish Teacher (HS)
* Critical positions
See https://faith.edu.ph/prospective-staff-info/staff-opportunities/ for specific needs for the coming school year.
- Teach 4-5 classes per day (usually two to three different specific subjects within your broad subject area)
- Some specialized positions are sometimes available, such as ELL, P.E., special education, music, art, counseling, or administration
- Sponsor or help with after school clubs or other activities
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Disciple the young people under your care
- Attend staff retreats, orientation and teacher inservice days
- Hours at school normally from 6:30 am till 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Teachers must be qualified/licensed to teach in their home country
- Screening for this position by the school will also be required
- No experience is required: two years experience is preferred, but at least one year is strongly recommended
- Experience teaching students who are ESL is suggested although not required
- Strong proficiency in English is required, although English can be your second language
- Because this is an international school, the teacher should be flexible and willing to adjust to a teaching situation, curriculum and system that may differ from their own home country
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required, and screening will also be required by the school
- An attitude of flexibility and willingness to learn how things are done in another country is essential
- If time allows, some time can be spent in language learning prior to and during assignment
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role
*Australian citizens and/or residents only