Be part of a multi-national team reaching a minority people, using medical skills to serve and reach the community. Relationships are built around community service and sharing of Bible stories chronologically.
Start July 01, 2020
- By God’s grace, the team builds relationships with minority people through providing services such as preschool, livelihood, medical services, health care training, computer skills training, scholarships and community organizing
- The goal is to demonstrate as well as speak of Christ’s love, and thus pave the way for an Indigenous Biblical Church Movement among them.
- Those who come to faith are discipled in contextualized house churches.
Living as a disciple of Christ in the community will enable others to see the love of Christ in action.
- Build relationships
- Serve the community in line with gifts, skills and team ministry priorities.
- Perform medical services in accordance with your speciality training
- Facilitate seminars on public health issues, primary health care, and sickness prevention as appropriate
- Bring Bible truth into the relationships in sensitive ways
- A passion for Christ and the lost
- Willingness to learn
- Perseverance to learn language, culture & worldview
- Good biblical foundation. Basic Bible training is essential.
- A qualification that can be used in serving the community - any of physio-therapy, general nursing, general health care, dentistry, nutrition, social work
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required
- An attitude of flexibility and willingness to learn how things are done in another country is essential
- A period of language, culture and worldview learning will be expected upon joining the Field
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only