We need a Media Specialist to assess what the current media needs are for local language groups and then assist in developing an appropriate strategy to meet those needs.
• Works with administrators to assess the local situation, current local media and the needs of language projects and assists in developing an appropriate media strategy for implementation of entity goals.
• Works cooperatively with other domains, particularly Ethno-arts, Anthropology, Language Program Planning, Storying, and Scripture Engagement, regarding the use of vernacular media as part of a comprehensive communication/Scripture engagement strategy.
• Advises language teams and local people on how to identify or design appropriate media content, prepare it for production (especially in conjunction with oral communicators), and package it for maximum effectiveness in realising language project goals.
• Assists with the design and production of audio and audio visual products, including responsibility for the necessary technical services.
Requirements: • Associate or bachelor's degree helpful
• Previous digital media/communications/music training or experience helpful but not required
• Previous multicultural experience helpful
• Satisfactory performance in the Vernacular Media Training Course.
Some Bible College training. Required to attend six-week language and culture course 'Launch'. Required to attend our orientation workshops held in Victoria.
Please include a current CV
*Australian citizens and/or residents only