China is home to over 23 million Muslims grouped into ten different people groups: Hui, Uyghur (Uighur), Kazakh (Kazak), Dongxiang, Kyrgyz (Kirgiz), Salar, Tajik, Bonan (Bao'an), Uzbek and Tatar (Tatars).
These people each have their own language, heritage and lifestyle. Be part of blessing them with God's love.
Working part-time from where you live, this role offers the amazing opportunity of getting to understand these precious people and inspiring the prayer and service that will make a real difference in their communities.
- Edit stories about Silk Road Peoples to make them effective for website use.
- Or design and update web pages or social media posts to educate the Christian public about the needs of Silk Road Peoples.
- Commit around 2-4 hours per week to this work.
- As time allows, develop new media initiatives for building momentum in the prayer movement for China's Silk Road Peoples.
- Experience of media design or editing is preferable.
- Flexibility, a desire to work with a team and willingness to communicate remotely through e-mail and Skype will all be important for this role.
- Long-term volunteers in this role should consider visiting Northwest China to meet first-hand the people they are serving.
- This is a non-salaried position.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only