Start 1st July 2020
Many tribal groups do not yet have the complete Bible in their heart language. Work with a team to use creative, effective ways to build relationships in communities that will lead to partnership in Bible Translation.
The team is currently working on Old Testament translations for several groups. Through this the people can come to a clear understanding of the Bible in its entirety and grow as disciples of Jesus. This will lead to the vision of Biblical communities of faith in the unreached communities of the Philippines. This will in turn lead to a transformation of society.
- Pray for openings into a community
- Build relationships with people in the community by using your gifts, talents, and abilities
- Work with translation helpers and the translation team to get accurate translations of the Old Testament in the local language
- Disciple these people to faith and growth as believers in Jesus
- Work with believers to establish communities of faith
We are looking for people:?br>- with linguistic ability and a variety of gifts, experiences, and skills to contribute to the ministry
- with linguistic training
- preferably with a minimum of two years of Bible school (seminary) training with cross-cultural studies or equivalent
- with experience in relationship building and discipleship
- able to work in an international team, alongside local believers
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required
- An attitude of flexibility and willingness to learn how things are done in another country is essential
- A period of language, culture and worldview learning will be required upon joining the Field (Tagalog and a local tribal language)
- A knowledge of some Greek and Hebrew would be beneficial
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only