Are you interested in serving in Bible translation, but aren’t quite sure what is the best role for your gifts and interest? Are you willing to be flexible and open to doing tasks that fill pressing needs at hand? Would you like to observe and learn from experienced and more highly trained colleagues on the field while helping them with tasks that free them to do things that require their experience and training? You will have the opportunity to serve in a variety of responsibilities that will help you to learn what is involved in the different roles involved in a language programme. While you are gaining confidence in what you can do from your experience, you’ll be helping to meet some important needs on the field.
• Tasks could include coming alongside an SIL translation team to help implement a literacy or Scripture Use programme,
• Assist with practical tasks in a multi-language programme,
• Training national translators in basic computer skills,
• Helping nationals and SIL translators with data entry,
• Mentoring nationals during training courses.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MS Office applications and/or Open Office.
• Previous multicultural experience helpful.
• Satisfactory performance in the following standard SIL courses or their equivalent:
Articulatory Phonetics, Morphology & Syntax, Language & Culture Learning, Language & Society
Required: Six weeks’ language and culture training called Launch and attendance at our orientation workshops.
All held at Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.
Please attach a current CV
*Australian citizens and/or residents only