Come with a passion for Christ and compassion for people to help make life-changing connections and multiply communities of faith.
Using three platforms (a cafe, an English school, and a Bible community), we desire to touch people with the love God has lavished on us. We hope to introduce staff, customers, English students and community friends to Jesus, the One who changed our lives.
Come help us build relationships and reach out to the local area through your skills and/or giftings.
You would be based in Sapporo which offers a good and comfortable infrastructure (guest home, cooking facilities & resource centre). All year round Sapporo has countless attractions to offer. With its nearly 2 million inhabitants, Sapporo is a modern, safe, and attractive city. Within 30 minutes from the centre you find great hikes, ski slopes, and beaches for surfing.
Teaching English with an emphasis on practical, conversational English.
Prepare lessons well and teach with professionalism, and look neat and professionally dressed as Japanese national English teachers are. Build relationships with students outside of class as appropriate.
At least a bachelor's degree plus TESOL or related certificate.
* You will be living in a furnished apartment, possibly with other short-term workers.
* Life will be simple but comfortable.
* You will need to be flexible and willing to take initiative.
* You will need to learn and adjust to the Japanese culture.
* You will need to get around Sapporo on your own by public transport. Ability to ride a bicycle would be helpful.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only