English Education Consultant - Teaching English to Indonesian Teachers
We as a multicultural team are focused on a large people group living both in the city and in rural areas. Currently there are only a handful of scattered believers and not yet any viable indigenous Communities of Faith in Jesus among them. Most of our neighbors have never met a follower of Jesus.
Our vision is to see numerous people growing in their knowledge of Jesus Christ. We build relationships as we serve among these people, showing Jesus' love in word and deed.
There are opportuntities to be an English Educational Consultant providing training to government high school teachers to enable them to use English in their classrooms. The training material and scope could also be expanded to include teaching methods depending on the qualifications of the applicant. As you serve in this area you will have opportunity to live in the area and help people understand more about Jesus.
We live in a busy, vibrant city of just under one million people. According to Encyclopaedia Britannica the population of Indonesia is 87% Muslim. There is also a significant population of Buddhists, Hindus and Christians. There are numerous vehicles and motorcycles buzzing around the city. The housing ranges from simple wooden shacks to massive mansions. It is very hot and humid and rainy season brings relief for a few months of the year.
- Teaching English to teachers.
- Sharing the love of Jesus in both word and deed.
- Educating and training people in the rural communities.
- Training & Mentoring of national believers.
- Learning the local language and studying the culture and worldview of the host culture
- Masters in TESOL or a teaching degree with major in English or an English degree
- Cross Cultural training
- The applicant will be required to dress according to local cultural norms which means modest dress as well as to adjust lifestyle and language to know more about Jesus.
- Work with a diverse team of people from different cultures.
- Have an attitude that is flexible and willing to learn.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only