The initial two years will be focused on studying Mandarin in a formal language school setting.
At the completion of language study, the counselor would be seconded to work with CCG where the ministry responsibilities would include:
- serving as counseling staff of CCG,
- maintaining a regular schedule of client appointments,
- conducting workshops and seminars when requested and as his/her schedule permits, with special emphasis on conferences and seminars sponsored by Christian organizations.
- being available to consult with leaders of Christian ministry organizations where special personnel problems may exist,
- networking with other counselors and counseling services in the community,
- Two to three years of counseling experience on a full-time basis (a minimum).
- Bible School/Seminary training.
- A Master’s degree or above in a caregiving-related specialty.
- Five years of international ministry experience or two years of formal cross-cultural training and experience.
* Willing to learn Mandarin to a high level in order to communicate effectively.
* Need to adjust to a busy, crowded, and often noisy environment. Life in Taiwan is often exciting but also exhausting.
* Taiwanese people are deeply religious. Spiritual attack and demonic activity are not uncommon. Spiritual maturity is needed to deal with these situations.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only