MAF serves in 37 countries with around 130 aircraft reaching some of the most remote places in the world. We bring new hope to families & communities that are trying to make a daily living. It is our desire to see these areas transformed to bring about a brighter tomorrow.
To paint a small picture, last year MAF carried out more than 56,000 flight legs, flying around 157,000 passengers and 6 million kg of freight to around 1400 destinations worldwide. We now have a great opportunity for a Continuing Airworthiness Assistant to join our journey and be part of the Maintenance Control Hub situated in Cairns.
**NOTE: This position is only open to those with a current ‘right to work’ in Australia due to Immigration restrictions. As part of the recruitment process, a Criminal History check will be required for the successful candidate.**
The primary focus of this role involves assisting with planning, scheduling, and recording of aircraft maintenance carried out on MAF Australian registered aircraft.
In this role, you will provide support to the CAMO team by assisting with data entry and processing of aircraft hours, cycles, and other relevant maintenance data. You will need to ensure that work is conducted in an efficient manner and attention to detail is essential as data integrity is crucial.
Aircraft maintenance scheduling and planning assistance is also required to support team goals and objectives. The production of maintenance work scopes and communicating with the Aircraft Maintenance Organisation in relation to maintenance requirements are also duties of the role.
By providing administrative support, you will ensure that aircraft legal documents are secure and up to date, and you will also assist with duties such as monitoring life-limited aeronautical products and equipment, and inspections.
The successful candidate will need to be detail orientated, analytical, capable of working independently as well as part of a team, and able to prioritise and multi-task. This role also requires you to maintain a good working relationship with all stakeholders and team members.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Well developed IT skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Planning aptitude
- Proficient with MS Word, spreadsheets, and database programs
- Ability to complete both short and long term tasks
- Ability to apply knowledge when resolving problems
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and task-prioritise
- A CASA AME licence (or equivalent), or an engineering or; aviation maintenance management qualification, or; an aircraft maintenance qualification
- Maintenance, stock management, and/or analytical experience
- Awareness of Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance
- Awareness of Health and Safety principles