Be part of a multi-national team reaching urban poor communities, using social work skills to serve and reach the community. Relationships are built around community service and sharing of Bible stories chronologically.
- By God's grace, the team builds relationships with the urban poor people through providing services such as social work, preschool, livelihood, health care training, computer skills training, scholarships and community organizing
- The goal is to demonstrate as well as speak of Christ's love, and thus pave the way for an Indigenous Biblical Church Movement among them.?br>- Those who come to faith are discipled in contextualized house churches.
Living as a disciple of Christ in the community will enable others to see the love of Christ in action.
- Build relationships
- Serve the community in line with gifts, skills and team ministry priorities.
- Assist the team by providing services to the community
- Bring Biblical truth into the relationships in culturally appropriate ways
- A passion for Christ and the lost
- Willingness to learn
- Perseverance to learn language, culture & worldview
- Good biblical foundation. Basic Bible training is essential.
- Experience/training in social work or community development
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required
- An attitude of flexibility and willingness to learn how things are done in another country is essential
- A period of language, culture and worldview learning will be expected upon joining the Field
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only