Observe, learn and participate in community development projects such as teaching a language (such as English, Chinese, Malay, Korean) or sports in urban poor communities. Other projects can be facilitated depending on the skills and training of participant such as healthcare, hairstyling and life skills to name a few.
This placement will provide you a good opportunity to live in a cross-culture context while serving the local people who live in close knitted communities. You will also have opportunity to learn their culture and needs.
We can facilitate individuals as well as teams.
For teams 4-25 people for 1-2 weeks.
- Spend time and build relationships in the communities or schools and with local people, having opportunities to share your life and faith with them
- Language and culture learning
- Learn more about Islam
- Use your skills or training to serve the local communities
- Work with a long-term team and learn more about long-term ministry
- A learner attitude.
- Be adventurous and willing to learn and experience a new culture and experience.
You will be required to dress according to local cultural norms which means modest dress as well as adjusting lifestyle and language.
Be able to work with a diverse team of people from different cultures.
Have an attitude that is flexible and willing to learn.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only