Our teams are dedicated to serving the holistic needs of hard-to-reach peoples. Committed Christian professionals share Christ's love through the witness of their lives, partnering with local agencies to modernize and improve the economic and social status of poor and disadvantaged communities.
You will be responsible for running community projects for the underprivileged, to provide enrichment activities and improve the quality of their lives. You can empower local groups to develop and operate NGOs. As you spend time with them, you will have opportunity to share by the testimony of your life and of a hope that overflows with joy and peace.
Community development needs are in the rural areas and the cities. In the cities, many people are among the "hard-to-reach" even though they reside within a metropolitan area. Migrants and their families make up a large percentage of this population.
* Build trust among the local community
* Community organizing and empowerment
* Managing community development projects and staff
* University degree
* Proficiency in Mandarin a plus (language and cultural training provided for longer term commitments)
* Three years or more of work experience
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Passion for journeying with local groups
* Cross-cultural experience helpful
- Need a heart for the poor coupled with a desire to see lives transformed and communities improved
- Need the ability to relate cross-culturally
- Need flexibility
- Need good health and adaptation to a simple life-style
*Australian citizens and/or residents only