Flying, taking pictures, writing stories, making films and reaching isolated communities. It can’t get better than this!
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is a unique Christian charity using aircraft to deliver help and hope across the developing world. MAF transports patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers in some of the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline.
If you are passionate about communications, we have a great opportunity for a Volunteer based in our Arnhem Land programme. You will be at the forefront of our programme capturing images, crafting stories, recording testimonies and assisting in making films to be shared around the world.
This 6 to 12 month role is ideal for students who are yet to complete or have just completed their communications qualification and are familiar and fluent in developing social media content. You will experience life in a programme environment, and have the opportunity to explore whether God is calling you into long-term Christian mission work.
MAF has served the people of Arnhem Land for over 45 years by sharing God’s love through aviation and technology. We are looking for someone who will hold up and promote our Christian ethos and beliefs of MAF. This is your chance to be part of the journey to make a difference to the isolated.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Academic Degree in Communication, Marketing or similar, or currently studying, or 2+ years’ experience in a communications role
• Excellent writing and copy editing skills
• Excellent attention to detail, particularly with spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Experience and knowledge in using social media
• Experience in editing short films
• Ability to take good pictures
• Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
This is a volunteer position. We ask for a minimum commitment of six months.
For more information, contact the MAF Australia Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com or call our Recruitment Hotline 1800 987 221.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only