OM Russia began working in the Caucasus Mountains, aiming to plant churches among the least-reached peoples in that region. This is one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse regions in the world with 50 ethnic groups speaking totally unrelated languages. Because of this diversity and because of the prominence of Islam, it is also one of the least-reached regions in the world.
More church planters are needed to be part of church-planting teams, working together with other missionaries and local believers to build and strengthen the Church. OM has already developed a strong name in the region among various churches and evangelical movements. As we run training and support local evangelistic projects, we network with others in the area seeking to bring the name of Jesus to those who haven't heard about him. Being a culturally diverse area, the Caucasus require church planters who are willing to adapt and be contextually sensitive, while also focusing on discipleship movements. Without contextual, Jesus-honoring multiplication, we won't see this region reached in our lifetimes.
You will need:
- A pioneering spirit.
- Understanding/experience of church planting.
- Willingness to learn, not only a language (humility, flexibility).
- A love for people and sharing the Gospel with them.
- Positive attitude to making new contacts with people.
- Patience and endurance when results might not always directly be visible.
- Pro-activeness: not afraid to start new activities and try-out different ways to reach and disciple people.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience in evangelism and/or discipleship.
- Special skills welcomed.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only