Inclusive education is a field still in its infancy in China. One particular school in urban China with a passion for advocating for special needs children and their education is a pioneer in this field. As they seek to bless children - of all backgrounds, 'healthy', cerebal palsy, down syndrome, autistic - in providing excellent education, they also seek to help children express themselves. As this need is met by gospel believers, we see change happening at a deeper level, as communities are impacted by the love of Christ.
As we reach the marginalized in urban China, we seek to bless the wider community, but we do not do this alone. In partnership with local believers, we seek to see Jesus become known as His servants serve all sectors of society. As you participate in this vision, it is our prayer that you will also gain a larger view of what God is doing in urban China.
Urban China is known for its pollution and chaos. However, it is the sorry state of the heart - the loneliness, hopelessness, weariness of the average urban Chinese person that drives us to be there. As China's urban population grows to be 1 billion by 2030, we seek to bless the urban billion, bringing them the gospel, even in an environment that is sometimes less than ideal. But, life in this city of over 10 million is sure to be colorful, and full of good food and opportunities to connect with people who long to know their Lord.
- Do face-to-face therapy with children, some of whom are special needs children
- Work with staff at a local kindergarten to train them
- Train up a wider network of kindergartens and schools
- Build meaningful relationships with local staff (believers and non-believers alike)
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is useful but not essential (translation can be provided)
- Background in counseling, psychology, psychotherapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy or speech pathology
Other useful qualities:
- A vibrant relationship with Jesus
- A keenness and commitment to connect with others
- A passion for your work
*Australian citizens and/or residents only