Couples needed to care for up to 20 teenagers each in one of the 3 boarding homes on the campus of Faith Academy in Manila, Philippines, an international school whose main aim is to education children of missionaries in Asia
This role focuses on providing a home atmosphere for children who are staying away from home for their schooling.
The boarding homes enable families to continue in ministry in whatever community they are called to, knowing that their children are able to get their education in a system that will prepare them for tertiary education and life in their home countries.
Each dorm caters for up to 20 teenagers, and has a staff of local people who assist with meal preparation, cleaning and maintenance.
- nurture and care for up to 20 teenagers (boys or girls separately)
- provide a safe homelike environment
- give guidance in homework, sports, social activities and spiritual input
- supervise Filipino staff
- communication with school administration, faculty, and parents regularly
- oversee and provide transportation of the students to their activities off campus
- this role requires a mature couple, with or without children of their own
- experience working with youth groups or similar ministry may be helpful
- missionary or cross cultural experience preferred but not required
- flexibility combined with ability to set and maintain appropriate boundaries
- listening ears
- a minimum of one year Bible school or seminary training with cross-cultural studies or equivalent
- Long term preferred
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member is required
- A period of language, culture and worldview learning will be expected upon joining the Field, and this may be followed by learning a second language, culture and worldview
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only