"Loving and discipling the kids of those loving and discipling Asia"
Our purpose is to support the urgent evangelisation of E Asia's millions by providing boarding homes that facilitate schooling for children of OMF workers. Our vision is to run homes where each person is growing to be more like Jesus while preparing for the future God has for them.
As part of a wider boarding home team, under the supervision of a boarding home coordinator, a couple in this role will provide daily care in a family type setting for up to 14 children. Up to 2 assistants will work alongside them.
Our three boarding homes, one serving TCKs who attend a German school and two serving TCKs who attend international schools, are in Chiang Mai, a developing city in N Thailand which has good amenities and transport links. With a seasonal climate, good food and easy access to many beautiful locations around N Thailand, Many find Chiang Mai a pleasant place to live.
* Daily care of children and teenagers in the home.
* Give the lead in the social and spiritual development of the children.
* Assist them with homework assignments.
* Communicate regularly with parents of the boarders.
* Liaise with schools.
* Oversee domestic local staff and Boarding Home Assistants.
* Thai language study will be required.
* Married couple (own children welcome)
* Love for kids of all ages
* Understanding or experience of how to raise children
* Organizational skills
* Valid driver's license
The modern facilities of Chiang Mai, the rich natural countryside around it with mountains and waterfalls, and tourist attractions, all provide plenty of variety and a comfortable living situation.
You will live in a small apartment within the boarding home, accessible to boarding students, but allowing for some privacy, especially on days when you are off duty.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only