Providing childcare and orientation to the children of new OMF member families while parents participate in the Orientation Course in Singapore.
KidZone workers will work with a team to provide care for children between the ages of 2 months and 18 years. The children are divided into groups by age (subject to enrollment); Babies and Toddlers (2 months - 3 years) Primary I (4 - 7 yrs), Primary II (8 - 12 yrs) and Teens (13 -18 yrs).
The overall aim of the children's program ?idZone?is to provide a loving, fun and safe environment for children as they transition from home to the field. The specific aims are different for each age group.
- participate in two days of orientation and training in Singapore
- select and prepare resources and materials from those available at OMF International Center
- prepare classrooms
- plan and deliver approximately 5.5 hours of classroom time each day?br>- build relationships with children and their parents by participating in morning testimonies and prayers and through sharing meals each day
- report to the KidZone coordinator any difficulties or concerns related to the children's program or the facilities and resources
- model Christian behavior to the children and the wider Singapore community
- sort, clean and organize resources at the end of OC.
- The number of Serve Asia workers needed is dependent on the number of children enrolled but would range between 4 and 10 per Orientation Course.
- Serve Asia Workers must be able to commit to be in Singapore for the entire 4 weeks. Evenings and weekends are free time but workers are invited to join in the OC social events such as tours of Singapore, cultural sharing and games/movie nights.
- Workers must provide for their own airfare and personal spending money.?br>- Health and accident insurance are the responsibility of the worker
- Be a committed Christian seeking to serve God.
- Able to communicate in English but fluency in other languages is an asset.
- A genuine love for children and a desire to care for them and their parents.
- Previous experience working with children is desirable.
- Previous cross-cultural experience would be beneficial but is not necessary.
- Organized but flexible, patient and approachable with a good sense of humor.
- In good health and physically active.
- Over 18 years.
Serve Asia Workers pay $30 SGD per day for food, laundry, accommodation and administrative costs. Breakfasts, lunches and evening meals are provided with the following exceptions: Serve Asia Workers need to provide for their own meals on Saturday and Sunday evenings because meals are not provided at the mission home. Guest room & classrooms are airconditioned.
April 27, 2019 - May 25, 2019; July 6 - August 3, 2019; October 26 - 23 November, 2019