Do you have a heart to serve children? God may have prepared you to help His church in East Asia through KidZone, a program for children of missionaries.
Providing childcare and orientation to the children of new OMF member families while parents participate in the Orientation Course in Singapore.
KidZone workers will work with a team to provide care for children between the ages of 2 months and 18 years. The children are divided into groups by age (subject to enrollment); Babies and Toddlers (2 months - 3 years) Primary I (4 - 7 yrs), Primary II (8 - 12 yrs) and Teens (13 -18 yrs).
The overall aim of the children’s program “KidZone” is to provide a loving, fun and safe environment for children as they transition from home to the field. The specific aims are different for each age group.
- participate in two days of orientation and training in Singapore
- select and prepare resources and materials from those available at OMF International Center
- prepare classrooms
- plan and deliver approximately 5.5 hours of classroom time each day
- build relationships with children and their parents by participating in morning testimonies and prayers and through sharing meals each day
- report to the KidZone coordinator any difficulties or concerns related to the children’s program or the facilities and resources
- model Christian behavior to the children and the wider Singapore community
- sort, clean and organize resources at the end of OC.
- attend debriefing
- The number of Serve Asia workers needed is dependent on the number of children enrolled but would range between 4 and 10 per Orientation Course.
- Serve Asia Workers must be able to commit to be in Singapore for the entire 4 weeks. Evenings and weekends are free time but workers are invited to join in the OC social events such as tours of Singapore, cultural sharing and games/movie nights.
- Workers must provide for their own airfare and personal spending money.
- Health and accident insurance are the responsibility of the worker
- Be a committed Christian seeking to serve God.
- Able to communicate in English but fluency in other languages is an asset.
- A genuine love for children and a desire to care for them and their parents.
- Previous experience working with children is desirable.
- Previous cross-cultural experience would be beneficial but is not necessary.
- Organized but flexible, patient and approachable with a good sense of humor.
- In good health and physically active.
- Over 18 years.
Breakfasts, lunches and evening meals are provided with the following exceptions: Serve Asia Workers need to provide for their own meals on Saturday and Sunday evenings because meals are not provided at the mission home. Classrooms are airconditioned.
Serve Asia Workers pay $30 SGD per day for food, laundry, accommodation and administrative costs.