Just by being here in South East Asia among the people you can break through their misconceptions and give them an encounter of the reality of our faith.
The weather is tropical and the people are very hospitable. The region is developing fast and becoming more urbanised. However, much of the traditional culture still remains. Many young people go to the cities to study and stay there after they have graduated.
What it could look like:
- A cycle or backpacking journey of a few days up to two weeks staying in homestays.
- Focus on meeting people and finding out about their lives. Share a testimony and prayer walk/ride.
- Burden to pray.
- Gifting in praying and open to hearing God speak.
- Able to maintain good spiritual health in the face of both practical and spiritual challenges
- Having a learning and flexible attitude and willing to respect local expectations, such as interactions with people of the opposite sex
- Willing to work together with people of different nationalities with mutual accountability