Position Title: Business Development Manager (Volunteer)
We are a growing and very active charity working with children and the disadvantaged in Kenya and Burundi. We require assistance with business development, concentrating on fundraising and customer relations to help move our organisation forward.
1. Develop growth strategies and plans
2. Increase client base
3. Identifying and mapping business strengths and sponsors needs
4. Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
5. Following industry trends locally and internationally
6. Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
7. Drafting and reviewing contracts
8. Work with the Marketing and PR team to develop marketing material for interaction with corporate business.
9. Identify mutually beneficial sponsorship opportunities with corporate businesses, preferably local (Perth).
10. Develop proposals that meet the needs of potential corporate businesses (contributes to their community citizenship/social licence, reputation, marketing and economic position).
11. Facilitate meetings with senior corporate executives and Access Hope CEO and help maintain and build relationships and retain relationships with existing sponsors.
12. Identify and apply (or facilitate others to apply) for eligible grants on behalf of Access Hope Inc.
13. Generally helping move the organisation forward
Skills and Capabilities:
This is a role that requires a qualification, or significant experience in the field.
· Business Development
· Negotiation and collaboration skills
· Reasonable level of computer skills
· Good research and analytical skills
· Business writing skills
· High-level of communication skills
· Stakeholder management skills
· Proven ability to negotiate
· Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
· Conflict resolution
· The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
· Experience working to and exceeding targets
· Well presented
· Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
· Energetic and self-motivated.
The role is required to:
· act with reasonable care and diligence
· act honestly in the best interests of the charity and its purposes
· not misuse the position or information gained in the position
· disclose any conflict of interest.
Equipment / Resources:
· Own computer, software, internet and email access
· Mobile telephone
Flexible - as much time as the person has available
National Police Clearance: Required
Working alone or with others: Alone from home, with regular email and mobile phone contact.
Key Reporting Relationships:
The role is accountable to the Access Hope Inc. CEO
*Australian citizens and/or residents only