Position Title: Board Member (Volunteer)
We are a growing and very active committed Christian charity, working with children and the disadvantaged in Kenya and Burundi. Being a member of the Executive Board is an important role to assist the Chief Executive Officer and Board in driving the strategic direction of our wonderful organisation.
1. Attend monthly Board meetings.
2. Working with the CEO to enable the organisation to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement the organisation’s strategic objectives.
3. Work with the board to ensure our policy-based governance system and other policies and system are working well.
4. Check emails regularly and reply as required within a reasonable timeframe.
5. Attend events where possible and assist where necessary.
6. Advise the CEO regarding the direction of the organisation.
Skills and Capabilities:
· Good computer skills.
· Good organisational skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Able to work well in a team.
· Have a heart and passion to serve the Lord through the ministry of Access Hope.
The role is required to:
· be a committed and practising Christian
· act with reasonable care and diligence
· act honestly in the best interests of the charity and its purposes
· not misuse the position or information gained in the position
· disclose any conflict of interest.
Equipment / Resources:
· The role requires own computer, internet and email access.
· Own telephone/mobile.
· Daily checking of emails and responding when necessary - 15 mins per day.
· 3 hours month to attend a Board meeting
· Attend events throughout the year where able – as a guide 4 to 5 events per year.
National Police Clearance: Required
Working alone or with others: Alone from home, with regular email and mobile phone contact.
Key Reporting Relationships:
The role is accountable to the Access Hope Inc. CEO
*Australian citizens and/or residents only