Missions Interlink is a professional peak body representing Christian organisations focused on cross-cultural and global mission. It is a member-based organisation representing 156 charitable organisations that are based in Australia. We exist to serve our network and help them to achieve their vision and purpose in global mission.
MI is looking for a person with a unique set of skills to become a Missions Interlink ministry leader in NSW.
The person appointed as State Coordinator will have a proven leadership and networking record in a Christian organisation of a similar size and have a first-hand understanding and passion for global mission. In this role, while being attentive to detail and having excellent event management skills, being capable to set up the budget and check compliance; the most significant abilities will be to cast vision, innovate, create networking relationships among MI members, and connect with pastors and senior ministers. The appointee will be a strategic thinker, team builder, hospitable, creative, agile, and have good communication skills. Theological training or mission/ministry experience would make you stand out for this role. Understanding platforms as Planning Centre, Wild Apricot, Mail Chimp are beneficial but not mandatory and can be learned on the job.
• Based in Sydney
• Permanent position, 2 days per week (can be extended to a 3 days role incorporating the Reach Out conference involvement for the right candidate)
• The job will include occasional interstate travel, has flexible hours over the week, the ability to work from home, and an amazing team to work with.
1. Growing the MI network in the state (territory) by:
• Focusing on connecting new churches and individual subscribers to MI.
• Increasing cooperation and collaboration among current and new MI constituents’ organisations.
• Being aware of the needs of MI constituents have and the challenges they face in their ministry,
• Being aware of initiatives, research, programs, and innovations that could benefit other constituents.
2. Initiating new and overseeing existing MI ministry events and training in the state, ensuring their growth in effectiveness, quality, and numbers of participants.
3. Recruiting, building up, leading, and pastorally caring for the State Ministry Team to engender vision, enthusiasm, unity, cooperation, a creative atmosphere, and appropriate succession planning among team members.
4. Representing the MI National Director and interests of MI in the absence of the ND in the meetings and events.
5. Providing all the necessary administrative support to the State Ministry Team, including finding the best ways to provide publicity for MI state events through social media, personal contacts, emails, and publications.
6. Ensuring appropriate financial accountability and sustainability, for MI activities in the state.
7. Ensuring compliance of the MI ministry in the state with the MI Principles and Practices document and all MI Policies.
It's a dream job for a great capacity servant leader who is passionate about Great Commission, people, global mission, and excellence in all they do.
Sounds like you?
To apply for the position, please send your resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria via the Apply Now button
To apply for this role you must be an Australian citizen/resident.
This role will continue to be advertised until filled.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only