Offering two positions, Nhulunbuy Christian College are seeking a mission hearted couple to assist with the everyday operations of the schools grounds, maintenance and administration tasks. This opportunity will suit a couple looking for new adventure where they can serve others in a Christian school and community.
Located in the township of Nhulunbuy on the Gove peninsula on the north western corner of the Gulf of Carpentaria. Nhulunbuy Christian College is a Transition to Year 10 school with 180 plus students.
The central role of the Grounds and Maintenance Assistant is to assist in the maintenance of the college grounds, and to help ensure the infrastructure of the college is maintained in good condition and meets OH&S safety requirements.
The primary role of the Administration Assistant will be to assist with reception duties which also includes general administrative tasks such as answering phones, enrol new students, prepare reports, maintain updated class list for staff, secretarial duties, first aid and other general administration duties as required by the school.
The successful applicants will need to demonstrate the following as a minimum:
· Ability to apply the Christian faith in the work place
· Qualifications may be advantageous
· Ability to work independently and also as part of a cohesive team
· Working with Children clearance
· Current police clearance
Grounds and Maintenance position:
· Experience with the use of general maintenance equipment
· A solid understanding of OHS issues and procedures
· Basic ‘handyman’ skills and knowledge
· Good physical fitness and ability to pace oneself in demanding conditions
· Capacity to be a constructive member of a cohesive team
· Effective communication skills
· Proven financial administrative skills
· Strong keyboard skills and thorough computer literacy
· Working knowledge of data bases
· Current senior first aid certificate
· Good working knowledge of microsoft word, excel and outlook
In return you will be offered the following:
· An opportunity to work in a Christian values-based organisation that truly cares about and values it’s employees
· Fully furnished Subsidised Housing in Nhulunbuy
· Above awards and NES entitlements eg, 15 days personal (sick leave); 6 weeks AL; LSL pro rata after 5 years continuous service, Parental Leave 8 wks after 2 years continuous service + 2 days discretionary leave, extended unpaid leave
· Salary Sacrifice
· Counselling cost share program
· Opportunity to study Masters in Christian Education through NICE (National Institute for Christian Education) and VET Training with Transforming Training
· Professional Development – Annual OTT Conference
· Contribute towards relocation costs (certain positions)
· Cover the cost of any compulsory quarantine required to enter the NT
· An opportunity to explore and discover the NT
For more information about this position please contact the Principal, Tanya van Seters, on 08 8965 2900. For general information please contact us as per details given below.
Only applicants with full Australian work rights will be considered.
Position commences as negotiated.
Applications are considered on receipt.
Please download the employment application form and Statement of Faith from the NT Christian Schools website, address the key areas of responsibilities as set out in the job description and include it with your CV.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only
You will be transferred to a new NT Christian Schools webpage.